Trusted Estate Planning And Probate Services In Texas
Many people avoid or procrastinate when it comes to creating an estate plan, and most people are intimidated by the probate process. However, estate planning and probate do not need to be as intimidating as they seem. One of the primary reasons for people’s anxieties around these issues is simply that they don’t have the help they need. Without any training or experience in these matters, of course you will feel a little anxious about the things you don’t know.
Let us help you. At Donald L. Davis, P.C., we help clients with all aspects of estate planning and probate. Our attorney has more than 40 years of experience serving clients in Granbury and the surrounding areas of Texas. With all that knowledge and experience, he is able to listen to you and look over your situation to provide you with sound counsel and help through the process. For many years our clients have trusted in our experience, knowledge and commitment to getting the results they need.
Creating A Plan For Your Life
Estate planning is about ensuring that your wishes are known and upheld. When you are planning, don’t overlook the important plans that can be put into place now to protect your interests while you are still alive:
- Powers of attorney
- Living wills
Having these plans in place ensures your wishes are known for the important issues that may arise later in life.
- Financial planning – Who will take care of your money if you can’t?
- Custody – Who will take care of you?
- Medical care and end of life decisions – How do you want to be cared for and when is it time to end intervention?
Planning For The Future
Estate planning also involves planning for the division of your estate after your death. These plans estate planning instruments ensure the financial interests of your family:
- Administrator issues
We can help you plan now to allow us to help your family fulfill your final wishes and settle your estate.
Settling Estates: The Probate Process In Texas
If a loved one passed on and left you in charge of their estate, you may not be prepared to settle their affairs on your own. We can help you navigate the complicated probate process to ensure that you are upholding the last wishes of your loved one.
We represent potential beneficiaries as well as those who have been named will administrators or estate executors. As an experienced lawyer, Donald L. Davis handles probate issues that include:
- Fiduciary duty: If you are an executor or administrator, you are held to a high standard, and there is a lot that will be expected of you. We can help you avoid errors and disputes and handle the matters before you effectively.
- Breach of fiduciary claims: In some estates, there are questions of whether the executor or administrator breached their fiduciary duties. We can provide a strong defense for administrators and executors or represent plaintiffs who suspect a breach of duty.
- Will contests: There are numerous factors that can result in a will being invalid, including undue influence, lack of capacity and improper drafting and execution of the wills, trusts or other instruments used.
Whatever the issues are that may arise in the probate process, we will be there to help you through it.
Contact Us Today
Whether you are preparing your own comprehensive estate plan or facing probate after the loss of someone you love, we can help you. Give us a call today to set up a time for a consultation at 817-865-3200, or email us.